Loved for its humor, readability, and inviting cartoons, Nursing Today: Transitions and Trends, 9th Edition helps you prepare for the NCLEX-RN® Examination ― while giving you valuable information to succeed in your professional career. It reflects current issues and trending topics that nurses will face, ensuring that you graduate not only with patient care skills, but also with career development skills such as resume writing, finding a job, and effective interviewing. This edition features test-taking tips for the NCLEX-RN® Examination and updated Evolve resources for students, including review questions and case studies.
- Thorough coverage of all the most important issues faced by the new nurse, preparing you for a professional career.
- An engaging approach features lively cartoons, chapter objectives, bibliographies, and colorful summary boxes.
- An emphasis on making the transition into the workplace is included in chapters such as NCLEX-RN and the New Graduate, Employment Considerations: Opportunities, Resumes, and Interviewing, and Mentorship and Preceptorship.
- Critical Thinking boxes in every chapter offer questions and exercises asking you to apply what you have learned to clinical practice.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes, and evidence-based practice content throughout, focus your attention on the research evidence that supports clinical practice.
- Content on the role of nursing includes changes related to the BSN in 10 campaign and how these might affect entry into practice, as well as differentiated nursing practice models.
- Mentoring and preceptorship content discusses preceptorships as a capstone course versus a formalized preceptorship or nurse externship in which a student is employed by a healthcare facility, as well as the advantages of and tips for getting a nurse externship while in nursing school.
- NEW and UPDATED! Thoroughly updated content throughout with new information on areas such as: 2016 NCLEX test plan and pass/fail determinates by level of difficulty, interprofessional education, serious reportable events and never events, and nursing responsibilities in spiritual care.
- UPDATED! New content on leadership and followership features professional models of nursing practice like medical or health homes and nurse-managed health centers.
- EXPANDED! Added QSEN competencies related to effective communication, team building, evidence-based practice, patient safety, and quality assurance highlighted throughout.
- UPDATED and IMPROVED! Section restructuring makes this edition even easier to follow.
- UPDATED! Evolve resources for students include review questions and case studies.