Future Trends: A Guide to Decision Making and Leadership in Business is the first and only book to link a decision-making and leadership platform to trends pointing to the future.
By identifying sixty global, long-term trends and detailing how businesspeople can leverage them in both the short- and long-term, the book provides readers with a powerful body of knowledge unavailable anywhere else. In Future Trends, consultant and futurist Larry Samuel:
- Identifies sixty significant and opportunistic global, long-term trends;
- Details how businesspeople can leverage each trend in both the short- and long-term via a decision-making and leadership platform;
- Helps readers be recognized as a trusted source and “go-to” person in their respective field by becoming more fluent in the future;
- Takes a 360-degree, holistic view of tomorrow by examining cultural, economic, political, social, scientific, and technological trends;
- Steers clear from here-today-gone-tomorrow things and experiences that comprise most glimpses into the emerging cultural landscape
Future Trends is divided into six sections covering Cultural Trends, Economic Trends, Political Trends, Social Trends, Scientific Trends, and Technological Trends. Each section includes ten trends that indicate where the world is heading. Many futurists focus on technology, forgetting the fact that the ways in which people actually live their lives are shaped by many other factors. Future Trends thus takes a 360-degree, holistic view of tomorrow, offering readers a fuller understanding of life on Earth over the next couple of decades.